Swabs are being used to get rid of the wax which naturally happens to be present in the ears ( it is there for some aim, thought), but it surely needs some caution while using the swab, so that you do not get hurt your ear canal.
The ear wax is produced inside the ear canal to protect the ear from bacteria, dust and pollution.There have been made some researches on that topic which explain how dangerous could be using ear swabs, if it is not used properly.
According to the latest researches, there are adverse impacts of using ear swabs to clean the ears:
- A high percentage of the people who use cotton swabs suffer from tympanic membrane breakdown.
- If you insert the swab too deep in the ear, it can also cause damage to your ear.
- It can start from a minor injury and ultimately result into the perforation of the tympanic membrane.
- This drilling of ear using the swabs can even result into vertigo or facial paralysis. As we have already listed the negative impacts of using the ear swabs to clean the ears, it is necessary to keep some precautions in mind before using the swabs.
So, in order to preserve your eardrum it is important to follow the given tips:
- The ear swab must be used to clean the ear auricle and the area around ear canal.
- The ear swab should never be inserted inside the ear canal, as it pushes the earwax tp the bottom which may lead to plugging of the ear. The plugging of ear can result into hearing issues and dizziness.
- Using swab deeply can also cause severe damage to the eardrum.
If you want to clean the ears of children, use the swabs which have a thick tip to prevent damage to the ear canal.
We offer you some alternatives if you want to avoid using ear swabs: like handkerchief to clean the ears. Another great substitute to the swabs is using hydrogen peroxide. You can sue few drops of it and clean your ear. Feel free to share this useful piece of information with your family and friends so that they also become aware of the consequences of using the ear swabs.